Information We Collect
As a business, we collect personal data from you in a few different ways, including:
- Newsletter opt-ins: Your name and email address
- Transactions: Your name, email address, billing information, and payment info.
- Comments: Your name, email, and comment. Please note by posting a comment on this site, you should be aware that this personal information can be read and collected by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how other visitors use your information.
How do we use login information?
The Abundant Traveler uses login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user’s movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your Data Rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
These are your summarized rights under data protection law:
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- the right to withdraw consent
Embedded Content from External Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Abundant Traveler contains links to other websites. Please not that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites at their privacy policies may differ from ours.
How We Protect Your Data
We use use various methods to protect our website from hackers and viruses, and to ensure the security of the information you provide, and we are familiar with our security policy and practices. Customer information us only accessible to a limited number of employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering, and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors or Authorized Customers for any such occurrences.
If you are a part of the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will retain information you choose to provide to us until one of the following:
- You ask us to delete your information
- The Abundant Traveler decides to cease using our existing data providers
- We decide the costs of retaining your data outweighs the value.
- You have a right to lodge a compliant with a governing authority of the General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to ask for access to your data that The Abundant Traveler stores and to either update or erase that personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
The Abundant Traveler
Email: [email protected]